Health & Wellness Center
If you're recovering from an illness and exercise is part of your rehabilitation plan, or you want to increase your fitness level, our Health and Wellness Center has plenty to offer.
The Medical Fitness Center Difference
The Health and Wellness Center is a member of the Medical Fitness Association (MFA). For you, this means:
- A qualified credentialed staff. The Center employs professionals who hold specialized degrees, certifications, and/or licensing.
- Prevention. We offer health risk reduction and therapeutic lifestyle programs including weight management and nutrition classes, orthopedic, and Arthritis Foundation exercise programs.
- Integrated health and medicine including yoga and massage.
A complimentary wellness assessment and orientation are provided to help you achieve your goals and to help you become familiar with the equipment and staff.
- Nutrition – Offering these options to help you toward your goal of improved wellness. Option 1: includes body fat and girth measurements, 3-day individualized meal plan, exchange lists for substitution, and instruction; members $50 for one hour, non-members $75 for one hour. Option 2: includes body fat and girth measurements and print outs (no instruction): members $25 for 30 minutes, non-members $35 for 30 minutes. Option 3: follow up with dietitian; $10 for members, $15 for non-members.
- Arthritis exercise class – Incorporating head-to-toe stretching exercises and movements to preserve and restore flexibility and strength. Improves balance, coordination, and mobility. Tuesdays and Thursdays 9:00 to 10:00 am. Free for members, $25 per month for non-members.
- Senior Strength – Weight training specifically for seniors to help improve strength, balance, flexibility and coordination. Tuesdays and Thursdays 2:00 to 2:45 pm. Free for members, $25 per month for non-members.
- Massage – By appointment. $58 per hour or $29 per half hour for members, $70 per hour or $35 per half hour for non-members.
- Weight management – A total weight loss program using a combination of nutrition and exercise to help you achieve your desired weight. Please call for information.
- Individuals with diabetes – nutrition consultation is covered by Medicare. Physician prescription is required.
Group Fitness Programs
- Group Training – Strength training exercises for the whole body in a group setting. Tuesdays and Thursdays, 4:30 pm. One hour sessions. Free for members; fee for non-members.
- Awesome Abs – Improves posture, increases lower back and abdominal strength. Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays, 8 am to 9:30 am. Free for members; fee for non-members.
- Cycling 101 – A fun and challenging group cycling class. Tuesdays and Thursdays 6:30 to 7:00 am. Free for members; fee for non-members.
- Fitness for the Busy Professional – No time to exercise? Try our 30 minute workouts to tone up. Free for members, $35 fee for non-members.
The Health and Wellness Center offers both cardiac and pulmonary rehabilitation. Cardiac rehabilitation is a medically supervised program for those diagnosed with heart disease. Pulmonary rehabilitation can help improve your quality of life if you have emphysema, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), asthma or bronchitis. Both programs require a physician's prescription, and are covered by Medicare and most health insurance plans.
Monday through Thursday, 5:15 am to 8:00 pm
Friday, 5:15 am to 7 pm
Saturday and Sunday, 7:30 am to 1:00 pm
For more information, please call (908)859-8833.
755 Memorial Parkway, #D-21A, Phillipsburg, New Jersey 08865