2014 Lehigh Valley Auto Show Preview Gala
2014 Lehigh Valley Auto Show: How fast are you going?
Kicks off March 19 with a Preview Gala benefitting St. Luke’s
Auto show preview gala benefitting St. Luke's University Health Network's HealthStar community health vans.
2014 Lehigh Valley Auto Show:
How fast are you going?
(l-r) Tom Kwiatek, Executive Director, Greater Lehigh Valley
Auto Dealers Association; Dr. Bonnie Coyle, Director of
Community Health, St. Luke's University Health Network;
and Richard A. Anderson, President & CEO, St. Luke’s
University Health Network, announce the proceeds from
the 2014 Lehigh Valley Auto Show will benefit
St. Luke's Mobile Community Health Initiative.
The $25,000 will help support access to health, dental
and vision care for un- and underinsured children
at schools and community organizations.
Lehigh Valley, PA (2/24/2014)- The Greater Lehigh Valley Auto Dealers Association announces the return of the Lehigh Valley Auto Show to Lehigh University’s Goodman Campus. This year’s auto show will begin with a public preview gala benefitting St. Luke's University Health Network's HealthStar community health vans, providing medical, dental and vision services to medically underserved children at schools, group homes and community agencies.
Mobile Health Invaluable to Improving Children's Lives
Bonnie Coyle, MD, MS, Director of Community Health, St. Luke's University Health Network, said, “St. Luke's Mobile Health vans serve more than twenty school sites and nearly twenty community agencies in the greater Lehigh Valley, with visits reaching 3,500 in 2013. Fifty percent of the children receiving dental care on St. Luke's dental vans have no dental insurance. Nearly one-third of the children and adolescents seen on the vans have no health insurance, and for many, these visits are the only medical and dental care they receive.” “Without these programs, the health and well-being of our youngest and most vulnerable populations would be at risk,” Dr. Coyle continued. “St. Luke's mobile health programs are invaluable to helping to improve these children's lives.”
Preview Gala Showcases the Newest Car Makes and Models
The preview gala, chaired by Lynn Rothrock, will take place on Wednesday, March 19, beginning at 6 pm. Gala attendees will be among the first to see the newest car makes and models from more than 25 different manufacturers while experiencing a taste of the world's best racetracks. This moveable feast with entertainment will travel through three venues – starting with appetizers with an international flair to celebrate Grand Prix racing at Le Mans (Stabler Arena) … moving to entrees that show off the finest of Southern hospitality to please any NASCAR fan at Talladega Superspeedway (Rausch Fieldhouse) and culminating with a with a dessert competition by SkillsUSA students at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway (West Pavilion).
The 2014 Greater Lehigh Valley Auto Show runs from Thursday, March 20th through Sunday, March 23rd.
This four-day extravaganza features over 110,000 square feet of some of the best cars, trucks, SUVs, vans, motorcycles, ATVs and RVs. This year's show will feature over 300 vehicles including new 2014 models with a variety of new technologies, safety and environmental features.
Must-See Event for Everyone Considering a New Vehicle
“With new car sales expected to top $16 million for the first time since 2007, and increase at least 6% over last year, this is a must-attend event for everyone considering a new vehicle lease or purchase” said Tom Kwiatek, Executive Director of the Greater Lehigh Valley Auto Dealers Association.” “We expect this year to be a great year as so many consumers deferred sales during the recession. In addition, over 300,000 more leased cars will be returned for new lease or purchase than in 2013. Dealers will have the highest level of inventory available in eight years and there will be terrific sales incentives available benefitting the consumer. The 2014 Show will be the most exciting we’ve put on in terms of the variety of vehicles, scope of activities in three venues, and demonstrations outside highlighted by several manufacturers' Ride and Drive programs.”
The show will be open from 10 am to 9 pm. Thursday through Saturday, and from 10 am to 6 pm on Sunday. Tickets to the 2014 Lehigh Valley Auto Show are available on online at www.glvautoshow.org or at the door. Regular ticket costs are $10 for adults, $8 for Senior Citizens (55 +) and $7 for children (ages 6-14). Children five and under receive free admission. Parking at the Auto Show is free. For more information including directions, please visit www.glvautoshow.org.
Highlights of This Year's Show
- Ride and Drive Programs: Onsite Ride and Drive Programs including Lincoln, Ford and Nissan.
- Pocono Speedway: Pocono Speedway will have a significant presence at the show including a display, a “Pit Crew Challenge,” ticket giveaways, and the opportunity to purchase tickets and season passes.
- Muscle Beach Revisited: In conjunction with America on Wheels Museum, the show will feature six classic vehicles normally referred to a “muscle cars,” including a '64 Mustang, a '66 Camaro, Challenger and GTO.
- Harley-Davidson Exhibit: 2014 brings a lot of news to the Harley-Davidson model line-up. The Harley-Davidson touring family has been redesigned from the ground up.
- Blackman Cycle: Exhibit will feature ATVs, including trikes, quads and bikes.
- Luxury Pavilion: Last year the show premiered a Luxury Pavilion that will return to this year's show in Stabler Arena.
- HealthStar Vans: St. Luke's HealthStar community health vans will be onsite and will be the beneficiary of the opening night Preview Gala.
- Van Diemen Formula SCCA (Mazda) Racing Car belonging to Dr. William Burfeind, thoracic surgeon at St. Luke's.
- Expanded Dining Options: The show will feature new and expanded food options inside and out.
- Show opening by Donley Awards of Excellence Winners: At 10 am, Thursday, March 20th, the Donley Award winning students chosen by area high schools will open the show at the show entrance tent. The Donley Awards recognize students for academic excellence, leadership and service to community.
- WFMZ TV: WFMZ will broadcast their 6 p.m. news live from the auto show preview gala on Wednesday night, beginning it's total coverage of the show including expanded large screen TVs outside and inside the show venues.
- Community Days: On Thursday and Friday, the auto show will feature displays by local nonprofit agencies providing programs and services within our communities. Participating agencies will have discounted auto show tickets available prior to the show, with proceeds benefitting the organization. Participating nonprofits include: America on Wheels; Muscular Dystrophy Association; Community Services for Children; Good Shepherd Rehabilitation Hospital; Cancer Support Community; Volunteer Center of the Lehigh Valley; Project Child, a program of Valley Youth House; Bethlehem Special Olympics; Communities In Schools of the Lehigh Valley, Easter Seals of Eastern Pennsylvania; Via of the Lehigh Valley; Children’s Home of Easton; Greater Valley YMCA; Boys and Girls Club of Easton; Pinebrook Family Services; Meals on Wheels of Lehigh and Northampton Counties; and Mercy Special Learning Center.
About Greater Lehigh Valley Auto Dealers Association
Founded in 1998, the Greater Lehigh Valley Auto Dealers Association is made up of 54 new car franchised dealers with over 4,200 employees, with a combined annual payroll of $217 million. The association produces several major events each year, including their signature event, the annual Lehigh Valley Auto Show. The association and its member dealers are very active in the community, supporting area nonprofit organizations as well as programs that recognize and educate local automotive technology students. The association’s goal is to help consumers get the most from their experiences with the group’s member dealerships in addition to doing its part to help the communities where its members live and work.
Denise E. Rader
Director, Network Media Relations
St. Luke's University Health Network
Greater Lehigh Valley Auto Dealers Association