Digital Screening Mammography at Wind Gap Medical Center
St. Luke's Wind Gap Medical Center Now Offers Digital Screening Mammography
Wind Gap, PA (9/18/2013) – St. Luke's University Health Network is pleased to announced that the St. Luke's Wind Gap Medical Center, 487 E. Moorestown Road in Wind Gap, PA, now offers digital screening mammography for women in the community.
There are a number of benefits of digital mammography, including:
- Faster screening time so patients spend less time in uncomfortable positions.
- Digital images are immediately available, easily stored and retrieved.
- Transmission of images from one physician to another is quick and easy.
- The technologist can evaluate the quality of the images as they are taken. This means patients spend less time in the exam room and rarely need repeat images taken.
- Images can be easily manipulated to see subtle differences between tissue, particularly important for distinguishing dense from malignant tissue.
October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month. Schedule your mammogram today!
To make an appointment, please call St. Luke's Central Scheduling at 484-526-1000 or toll-free at 1-800-801-7745.
Located just one mile West of the Route 33 and 512 interchange (next to Sal's Pizza and Ashley Furniture/Country Junction), the St. Luke's Wind Gap Medical Center is home to a number of St. Luke's practices including:
Additional scheduled Radiology services offered at this location include CT, Ultrasound, Echocardiography and Vascular Studies as well as Walk-in Digital X-Ray.
For more information about St. Luke's services in Wind Gap, please call St. Luke's InfoLink toll-free at 1-866-STLUKES.
Director, Media Relations
St. Luke's University Health Network