Why Choose Us
Why Choose St. Luke's?
St. Luke's Weight Loss Surgery Program - Top Ten Things to Know
- Zero mortalities.
- We have no program fee; dietary evaluation and behavioral health evaluations are also free.*
- Average length-of-stay for bariatric surgery is 1.3 days; nearly half the national average. Complication and readmission rates continue to be well below the national average.
- Our surgeons were first in the area to offer the single-incision sleeve gastrectomy.
- Our surgeons are dedicated full-time to bariatric surgery.
- Our surgeons are fellowship-trained in bariatric surgery.
- St. Luke's bariatric team also includes two full-time dietitians, two full-time social workers, two full-time RNs, and support staff dedicated completely to the bariatric program.
- Awarded Center of Excellence through the American Society for Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery.
- Named a Blue Cross Blue Shield Center of Distinction for Bariatric Surgery.
- Named a Center of Excellence through Optimum Health (United Health Care), Health America Health Assurance and Cigna, and Institute of Quality for bariatrics by Aetna.
*Some insurances may require a psyche evaluation by a licensed psychologist.