St. Luke's has assembled a team of highly qualified licensed athletic trainers that will work with your athletic program and your athletes to set a new standard for comprehensive training and sports medicine services.
As part of St. Luke's University Health Network, your school's licensed athletic trainer(s) will provide and/or coordinate the following services:
- Fast track access to the regions best hospitals (6), emergency rooms (4) and adult level 1 trauma center
- Fast track access to St. Luke's orthopaedic surgeons
- Fast track access to St. Luke's Primary Care Sports Medicine physicians
- Fast track access to St. Luke's cardiologists, neurologists and other specialists
- Daily practice and game coverage, injury evaluations and management of your school's athletic training program
- Annual athletic physicals and ongoing communication with team physician
- 24-hour on-call service for all schools
- Access to St. Luke's Sports Concussion Network & Testing Program
- Access to St. Luke's Saturday Morning Fall Athletic Injury Clinics
- Education and instruction for students/coaches and parent organizations
- Sport-specific instruction and development of pre-season, in-season and off-season conditioning for athletes
- CPR/AED training for coaches
In addition, through a unique partnership with East Stroudsburg University (ESU) of Pennsylvania's CAATE-Accredited Athletic Training Programs, St. Luke's Sports Medicine can provide additional support to your program in the form of graduate assistant/resident athletic trainers and professional phase athletic training student interns. ESU offers athletic trainer programs at both the undergraduate and graduate levels.